Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Amazing Grace


Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind but now I see.

'Twas Grace that taught my heart to fear,
And Grace my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear,
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils, and snares,
I have already come.
'Twas Grace that brought me safe thus far,
And Grace will lead me home.

When we've been here ten thousand years,
Bright shining as the sun,
We've no less days to sing God's praise,
Than when we first begun.

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me,
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see......


Every morning when I get into the shower, I automatically sing Amazing Grace.  I don't think about it, I just do it.  I find that on days that I'm not doing well, I realize I didn't sing.  I'm not sure when I started doing it, but I know that it was the song that I sung when rocking my youngest child.  The odd thing is that when she was just 2 years old, my muscular disorder kicked in.  When I had Alli, I would get into the shower close the door, and begin to sing.  EVERY DAY she would get up, move to the bathmat just outside the shower, curl up and snooze.  As soon as I shut off the shower, she would get up, move back onto the rug, and lay down.  And, EVERY DAY I would say, "Do you honestly think I don't know you move?"  With Tippy, the same thing happens with the exception of the final move.  He moves to the mat when I begin singing, but doesn't bother moving when I'm done.  In fact, I have to talk him into moving out of the way so I can step out.  However, in both cases, if I don't sing, neither of the dogs would move.  I'm not sure if it means they like it or not.  I'm pretty sure Tip finds it calming.  I know it settles me, comforts me with warmth though I don't think about it until after....interesting......

On Friday, my friend Cindy and I are taking Tippy back to the prison in which he was trained.  His birthday is Thursday and I thought it would be nice to share with the inmates, the gentlemen, what he has been doing these last 7 months.  I am so looking forward to it.  They are responsible for this amazing creature being the Godsend that he is, so I really think its apropos.

Until later, feel the Grace that fills us all........

No comments:

Post a Comment